Saturday, May 3, 2014

It only happened in MY mind

"Well Doc, whaddaya think?"

"You really think the Asians want your eyebrows?"

"Why- I don't know. Corporate secrets woven into the strands, perhaps. Seems like a strange place to hide them. I wear make-up every day- things must be getting all smudged up."

"Yeessssssssssssss, eyebrows don't really seem a suitable hiding place for corporate secrets." His fingers were touched together in the steeple position. "How do you suppose these people, masquerading as salon technicians, got the secrets in your eyebrows annnndddddd how are they getting them out?"

"Well, I'm sure they'll use the transmitter they implanted in my toenail to send out a confusing sonic noise that will distract me."

"A confusing sonic noise? From your toenail? A transmitter?"

"I'm thinking so!" I turned my head and gave the doctor a slight wink. "Of course its just a theory."

"Here's my theory, Mrs. Miller"
I winced. No one calls me that, it makes it harder to deny my age when I'm addressed that way.

"You're on the hunt for a script."
This is definitely awkward....I looked down and to the side.

"What are you serving today?" I say meekly.

He scribbled on his pad. "This should take care of your issues, Mrs.Mikowski." Cringing again, I took the little square of paper. "And, Mrs. Miller-"

"Yes?"

"Never, ever, call my office again."

"Thank you, Doctor" I say graciously while waving the script in from of my warm cheeks.

Just then I felt a tug on my shirt.

"Mooooommm-" I look down at Katie with some annoyance as usual. "What?" "When is the doctor going to talk to me? Isn't this my appointment?"

"Oh Katie, why does everything have to be about you? Come on, we have to go find you a new doctor. This one is all used up!"

No comments:

Post a Comment