Thursday, May 1, 2014

Oh, yeah... this blog will have inappropriate posts...

 "Mrs. Collier- could you hold for Principal Smith?" Back story- I'm in tile store shopping and chatting with the salesperson who unfortunately knows and sees me on a regular basis when my cell rings and I see the school phone number. I swallow and try to act natural.




 "Mrs. Collier, I'm sorry to bother you but there's a problem. Katie brought some little bottles to school in her backpack. She took them out at lunch today. She says she thought they were food flavoring and I believe that but...they were alcohol. I've checked the policy book and unfortunately, even though she is only in 3rd grade, Katie has to be suspended for 1/2 a day. I'm so sorry but could you come pick her up?"
Back story- two years ago for my 40th birthday I was given a sample pack of schnapps, four different fruit flavors. I don't drink sweet alcohol. I'm German/Irish and prefer a nice beer. I'm also the child of hoarders so how could I throw out three perfectly good, free, pretty little bottles of schnapps when we all know the minute I throw them out I will need them for something. At that moment I had to decide if I should go in to all that with the principal just to let this kind, decent, upstanding man know that I am not a raging alcoholic or if I should please ask him to return all four bottles so I can hit them in the parking lot before I go home with my child.

No comments:

Post a Comment